The history of LeTourneau Plastics, Inc. began on April 7th, 1952 when R.W. LeTourneau and H.V. Curtis formed Alwork Glove Company in Oconto, Wisconsin to manufacture industrial work gloves.
In 1957, LeTourneau and Curtis saw a need in the boating industry for custom-made seat cushions and convertible boat tops. This resulted in the addition of Cruis-Tops, Inc. division. As the seat cushion and boat top business grew, the Alwork Glove Company division was eventually sold.
As the boat industry focus began to evolve from wood to fiberglass, there arose a need for molded plastic parts in the newly popular fiberglass boats. In 1969, Cruis-Tops, Inc. purchased a vacuum thermoforming machine and began manufacturing plastic boat parts. This resulted in the formation of a new company division; Oconto Thermo-forming, alongside Cruis-Tops, Inc.
Throughout the years, growth in the vacuum forming division led to the decision to sell Cruis-Tops, Inc. The buyers wished to continue the Cruis-Tops name and in 1983, when the sale was completed, the company name was changed to LeTourneau Plastics, Inc.
Today, the ISO Certified business continues to be owned and operated by the LeTourneau family.
Alwork Glove Company is formed.
Cruis-Tops, Inc. is formed.
Alwork Glove Company is sold.
Purchased the current building which is 11,000 sq ft.
Changed name to LeTourneau Plastics. Cruis-Tops, Inc. Sold.
1st Building Addition – 7500 sq ft.
2nd Building Addition – 5600 sq ft.
1st Warehouse Built – 4000 Sq. Ft.
3rd Building Addition – 7800 Sq. Ft.
2 Warehouse Additions Totaling 8000 sq. ft.
4th Building Addition – 9600 sq ft.
4th Building Addition- 9600 sq ft
4th Warehouse Built – 400 sq ft
Purchased 2nd 12,000 sq ft buliding