In 1957, LeTourneau and Curtis saw a need in the boating industry for custom-made seat cushions and convertible boat tops. This resulted in the addition of Cruis-Tops, Inc. division. As the seat cushion and boat top business grew, the Alwork Glove Company division was eventually sold.
As the boat industry focus began to evolve from wood to fiberglass, there arose a need for molded plastic parts in the newly popular fiberglass boats. In 1969, Cruis-Tops, Inc. purchased a vacuum thermoforming machine and began manufacturing plastic boat parts. This resulted in the formation of a new company division; Oconto Thermo-forming, alongside Cruis-Tops, Inc.
Throughout the years, growth in the vacuum forming division led to the decision to sell Cruis-Tops, Inc. The buyers wished to continue the Cruis-Tops name and in 1983, when the sale was completed, the company name was changed to LeTourneau Plastics, Inc.
Today, the business continues to be owned and operated by the LeTourneau family.
Hover over the year to see description.